What You Need To Get Started
- The RBdigital Desktop Reader for Mac and PC’s to download and read on your computer. NOTE: For best operability, use the same e-mail address used to set up your EPL RBdigital account
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it cost anything?
No. RBdigital for Libraries is a free service provided by the Elkhart Public Library.
How Many Magazines Can I Check Out? What is the loan period for digital magazines?
There is no limit as to how many magazines you can check out. You can check out as many as would like. Also, you can keep the magazines as long as you like as there are no due dates or late fees.
Can I Get Back Issues of Magazines?
Yes. You can check out back issues of digital magazines dating back to when the library added the title to its RBdigital collection. Also, the Elkhart Public Library maintains many print titles that are also available in RBdigital as well as several similar databases that contain magazines. Check the list of available Magazines and Newspapers to see what’s available.
How Do I get Started?
How do I read on my computer?
- Select Start Reading after you check out a magazine.
- Go to My Collection and click on the book icon on the bottom left below the cover
- For offline reading (without wi-fi), download the RBdigital Desktop Reader.
How do I read on my smartphone or tablet?
- Using a web browser on your phone or tablet, check out a magazine at http://myepl.org/rbdigital.
- Download the RBdigital App for your device by going to the App Store (Apple) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Enter the e-mail address and password you used to create your RBdigital account at http://myepl.org/rbdigital. The magazines you checked out on a web browser will appear on your RBdigital app.
- To download titles to your device for offline reading, tap the cloud icon below the magazine cover. An internet connection is required to download the magazine to your device, but an internet connection is not required to read the magazine once it’s downloaded.