NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Campaign hosted by Elkhart Public Library is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Eligibility: This contest is open only to those who submit an image via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Those under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present at time of prize distribution. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Indiana and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Elkhart Public Library, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”) are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Elkhart Public Library as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. EST and ending Friday, November 18, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an image via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram featuring @myEPL and #thiscard and showcasing the use of Elkhart Public Library locations and/or services. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Elkhart Public Library.
- Prizes: The five Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will each receive an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8 Tablet valued at $89.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Elkhart Public Library. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Elkhart Public Library’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Elkhart Public Library to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The five Winners will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Elkhart Public Library. The first winner will be selected during the Elkhart Public Library open house event on Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 4:45 p.m. EST. The Winners will be notified by direct message via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram within five (5) days following selection of Winners. Elkhart Public Library shall have no liability for Winners’ failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 21 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT ELKHART PUBLIC LIBRARY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Terms & Conditions: Elkhart Public Library reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Elkhart Public Library’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Elkhart Public Library may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Elkhart Public Library. Elkhart Public Library reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Elkhart Public Library has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Elkhart Public Library reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g. photo and text), You understand and agree that Elkhart Public Library, and anyone acting on behalf of Elkhart Public Library, will have the right to publish, print, distribute and use in any media your entry, name and statements about the Campaign.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Elkhart Public Library and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND INDIANA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Indiana having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.