Printing from Library Computers
Printing may be done from any of the public computers at the Main Library and all Branch locations. Black and white prints cost $0.15 per page and color prints cost $0.50 per page. Letter size (8 1/2″ x 11″) and legal size (8 1/2″ x 14″) paper is available. Prints may be paid for with cash only.
Wireless Printing From Non-Library Devices/Equipment
The Elkhart Public Library has partnered with PrinterOn to provide wireless printing from computers, laptops and mobile devices not owned by the Library. Once the print job has been sent using one of the options listed below, the print job can be printed from the Print Release Station next to the copier. Wireless print jobs are only available for pickup in the Public Computer Center, located in the Main Library in downtown Elkhart. Prints may be paid for with cash only. Print jobs will be held for 48 hours before being automatically deleted.
There are three options to print your items:
Option 1: Go to www.myepl.org/webprint
- On the portal page, select Black and White ($0.15/page) or Color ($0.50/page) prints. Next enter a username so you can retrieve your document. We suggest you use your first and last name together: Ex: johnsmith. Attach the file to be printed into the Select Document field. You can also copy and paste a URL if printing a web page.
- Click on the large green “print” button to continue. PrinterOn will process your job and will show when the print job has been processed.
- Your document will be queued and waiting for you at the Print Release Station next to the copier.
Option 2: Install the PrinterOn app on your mobile device
- Download and install the PrinterOn app for your device. Visit Apple’s app store or Google Play to download the apps.
- After installing the PrinterOn app, first touch “no printer selected”. Select search and search for Elkhart. From the list, choose Elkhart Public Library for either the B&W or Color options. On the PrinterOn main screen, touch Documents, Photos, or Web depending on what you would like to print. Selecting Documents lets you print a document from your device, or a linked cloud storage account, such as Google Drive or iCloud. Selecting Photos lets you print a photo from your device, and selecting Web lets you enter the web address of a web page to print.
- The process for printing documents, photos or web pages varies slightly:
- When printing a document, you will be prompted to select the document. After selecting the document, you may or may not see a preview. Click on the print button at the bottom to print the document.
- When printing a photo, you will be prompted to select a photo on your device. After selecting the photo, a preview will be displayed. Click on the small printer icon above the photo, then click on the green print button on the next screen.
- When printing a web page, enter the web address at the top of the screen and the web page will be displayed normally. Click on the small printer icon at the top right corner and you will see a print preview of the document. Click on the print button to continue.
- Enter a username so you can retrieve your print job. We suggest you use your first and last name together: Ex: johnsmith.
Option 3: Print by Email
- Compose or forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (black and white prints) or email@example.com (color prints). If composing a new email, you will need to attach the document or image to the email. If forwarding the attachment should automatically be included. Alternatively, you can paste text into the body of the email to have it printed.
- Wait for a reply email from PrinterOn indicating your document was received. You will receive a reply for the email and each attachment.
- Your document will be queued and waiting for you at the print release station next to the copier.
- You will need the email address you used to send the document or image.
- Enter the first part (before the @) to retrieve your print.
- For example, if your print job was sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, you will enter johnsmith.
Copiers are available for public use at the Main Library and each of the Branch locations. Regular or color copies may be made. Black and white prints cost $0.15 per page and color prints cost $0.50 per page.
The Main Library offers public copiers in three locations; one across from the Circulation desk (first floor), one in the Public Computer Center (PCC), and one on the second floor across from the Reference Desk.
All public copiers provide reduction and enlargement capabilities. Letter size (8 1/2″ x 11″) and legal size (8 1/2″ x 14″) paper is available. Copies may be paid for with cash only.
Scanning of documents to a portable storage device is also available.