Read, Learn, Win!
- Starting June 1, visit any EPL location to sign up and pick up a reading log.
- Read at least 15 minutes a day for 4 days.
- Do 2 fun and simple learning activities.
- Bring your log back to the library for your prize!
You can earn a different prize every week, plus win a book when you finish 4 logs! Every time you come back for your next prize, you will be entered in our end-of-summer grand prize drawing for a new bicycle! The more you read, the more prizes you win, and the better your chances for winning the bike.
Every Hero Has a Story
Not all heroes wear capes and masks. This summer we will learn about different kinds of heroes, with plenty of opportunities to be a superhero, yourself!
Travel with a Superhero!
Dunlap Branch • Take a Superhero on Vacation
Pick up a superhero at the Dunlap Branch to take with you on vacation. Take a picture of you and your superhero. When you get home, bring the picture to the Branch and we will post it.
You Can Be a Hero, Too!
Main Library • Superhero Art Contest
Kids, bring your artwork to the Children’s Room by
Friday July 3 Wednesday, July 15. Your creations will be displayed through July, and judged in five categories: ages 0-5, ages 6-8, ages 9-11, ages 12-14, and ages 15-17. Submissions must be your own work, in good taste, and nicely displayed in a frame — or on a board, if 3D, and must include an entry form (available at the Children’s desk). Prizes will be awarded at our Super Hero Delight program on August 3.
- Each of our locations has a super line-up of heroic children’s programs and activities. (Linked below)
- Teens and adults, we have special Summer Reading Programs just for you! (Also linked below)