INSPIRE is a powerful online research resource available to residents of Indiana. Many articles are available for reading online. Look for the “Full Text” link.
Access it through the Elkhart Public Library:
- Go to myepl.org/info247.
- Click + Magazines and Journals.
- Scroll to INSPIRE and click “Access from Home.”
- Go to http://inspire.in.gov. (If you have not already registered with INSPIRE, you can sign on as a guest and receive instructions on getting an ID.)
- Click on the eBooks icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Choose Databases” near the top of the screen (circled in red) to view a list of online magazine, journal or periodical resources.
- Two good general databases to start with are “Academic Search Premier” and “MasterFILE Premier.”
- Click in the checkbox to unselect the “eBook collection.”
- Click in the checkboxes next to the these databases (“Academic Search Premier” and “MasterFILE Premier”) to select them.
- And/or select specialized databases, such as medical, business, or newspapers.
- Click on “OK” to close the screen.
- Type in a search and click the “Search” button.
- Look for the “Full Text” link to read an article online.