What you’ll need to download titles from Elkhart Public Library’s eBook collection:
- An Internet connected computer or mobile device
- A resident Elkhart Public Library Card, in good standing, & PIN number
- Free software:
For EPUB format eBooks, you will need Adobe Digital
Editions to authorize digital rights management on your eReader. Computers will need the Google Chrome
browser or a Chrome plug-in if you use Internet Explorer, Firefox, or another browser. Adobe Digital Editions will ask you to create an Adobe ID which requires you to have an email account.
For Kindle format eBooks, you will need an Amazon.com account and a Kindle, a Kindle app, or an Internet browser.
For Audiobooks, you will need OverDrive Media Console downloaded to your computer or mobile device.
For smartphones or tablets, OverDrive Media Console apps are available. Adobe Digital Editions is also needed to authorize these devices.
How it works:
- Browse the digital media catalog: downloads.myepl.org
- Checkout titles: you may have three titles at a time checked out to your account
- You may have three holds placed at a time
- A wish list is available to record future choices
- Titles automatically expire after the due date
- Titles may be returned early
- Download to your computer or mobile device
Help is available:
Nonfiction eBooks for research and reference:
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) Titles include: Women in World History: A Biographical Encyclopedia, Novels for Students, Encyclopedia of Small Business, Grzimek’s Student Animal Life Resource, Encyclopedia of the Great Depression, West’s Encyclopedia of American Law, Blackbirch Kid’s Visual Reference of the United States, International Directory of Company Histories, and History Behind the Headlines: The Origins of Conflicts Worldwide, as well as a broad collection of health and medical sources. Download, print, email or listen to articles!